The best new phones of 2017 and 2018 that are yet to go on sale. Before you upgrade your current smartphone, read the latest news and rumours on the best new phones launching in the coming year.
The best new phones of 2017 and 2018 will offer faster performance and longer battery life. Some will use the new Snapdragon 835 chip for which headline performance figures include 25 percent faster graphics rendering and half the power consumption compared to the Snapdragon 801.
You can expect this processor to be paired with at least 4- but potentially as much as 8GB of RAM, a minimum amount of 32GB of storage, extra-large Quad-HD screens and class-leading cameras.
We’ve already seen some great smartphones announced earlier this year, including the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, LG G6, HTC U11, Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Xiaomi Mi6 and OnePlus 5. These are all now on sale, so we have removed them from this article. However, here are some more great phones coming in the next 12 months.
The best new phones coming in 2018:
- Apple iPhone 8 – September launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 – 23 August launch
- Samsung Galaxy S8 mini – launch TBC
- Samsung Galaxy S9 – 25 February launch
- Sony Xperia XZ2 – 31 August launch
- Google Pixel 2 – September/October launch
- Motorola Moto Z2 Force – 25 July launch
- Nokia 8 – 16 August launch
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 – launch TBC